I received my PhD at the Radboud University in Nijmegen at the Software Science department. Under supervision of Frits Vaandrager, Bas Terwijn, and Alexandra Silva I worked on nominal automata and black box testing in the context of active automata learning.
My research interests include formal verification, PAC learning, coalgebraic methods, functional programming, black-box testing theory, and category theory.
27 September 2021 I am part of the ICGI steering committee.
1 May 2021 I started at the Open University as assistant professor.
27 April 2021 Our paper on weighted register automata has been selected as a distinguished paper at LICS.
14 April 2021 I gave a talk on weighted register automata at OWLS.
19 February 2021 I am in the PC of ICGI 2021, the international conference on grammatical inference. This will be held on 23-27 August 2021.
Recent Papers (full list)
- Conference Paper VMCAI 2022 Gradient-Descent for Randomized Controllers under Partial Observability —
- Conference Paper LICS 2021 Orbit-Finite-Dimensional Vector Spaces and Weighted Register Automata —
- arXiv Residuality and Learning for Nondeterministic Register Automata —
- Conference Paper LOPSTR 2020 Generating Functions for Probabilistic Programs —
PhD Computer science 2015-2019, more info about my thesis.
Master Mathematics (algebra and topology) 2013 - 2015, Radboud University. My master thesis was on Rational Homotopy Theory, supervised by Ieke Moerdijk.
Bachelor Computer Science 2009-2013, Radboud University.
Bachelor Mathematics 2009-2013, Radboud University.
During my studies, I was employed at the software company Rodo, creating iOS apps. I was also self-employed, see my iOS apps.
- Joshua Moerman
- Open Universiteit
- Faculteit Bètawetenschappen (Informatica)
- Postbus 2960
- 6401 DL, Heerlen
- The Netherlands
[ Linkedin ] [ Twitter ] [ Vimeo ] [ Gitlab (Radboud) ] [ Gitlab (RWTH) ] [ Github ]